Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Getting Cultured!



Last week, my wonderful sister invited me to go with her and some of her friends to see the play Aida. Oh, how I was excited to go. The music was written by Elton John and Tim Rice so how could I go wrong. I LOVED it! We were even on the first row. I do have to say there was one actor there who totally looked like Dwight from the Office. I could not help to laugh a little. There were a few songs that reminded me of my sister Megan. Man, I miss here soooooo much!!!! But anyways for junior miss one year Megan sang the song Strongest Suit with a red boa in hand. She was so dang cute! If you ever get to hear this song, you have to think of Megan and all of her personality. Thanks Melissa for inviting me to tag along! It was a night to remember.



7 comments:

Karla said...

Cool! I haven't been to a play in years. Maybe I'll have to check this one out. Where is it playing?

Anonymous said...

Nice, another blog post:) A couple years ago Joe and I went to see Aida and I remember seeing Kristyn there too. I wonder who she was with. Love that play.

J said...

Yay! Glad you had such a great time! I told Matt that you were going to Aida and he was a tiny bit jealous, says it's one of his favs. So, with that and your rave review, I may just have to give it a shot!

Errin said...

I have always wanted to go see Aida. Thats awesome! I remember me and Megan would stay up all night listening to Phantom of the Opera when we were like 8 years old. I love and miss that girl too! :)

Kristyn said...

aida is my favorite! I remember taking Megan for her high school grad present in NY. It was AMAZING and we saw Adam Pascal perform and then met him afterwards. Love it, Love it, Love it!

Lets go to NY to see shows!

Kristyn

Michelle said...

I love Aida. I went with Nanna and Papa and Lisa like the year Megan died. And to this day I still sing strongest suit and cry.. I love you and its so good to see you blogging.

Annette said...

Oh what fun! As you know Melissa and I went the week before and we loved it! And yes, it so reminded me of our sweet Megan! I cried several times, just remembering her practicing her song as the Jr Miss Pageant approached, her sweet humility and amazing voice. Oh how I miss it. I love how close you girls are and I also so love how close we all are to each other! I love you and cannot wait to see your posting of our most recent 'girls' trip to San Francisco! Treasuring the moments! Love you.......